Some of our favorites
Getting a job and making a career
- An Indie Game Developer’s Marketing Checklist
- Automatic job tracker
- From gatekeepers to guns for hire: The new role of indie game publishers
- Game Programmer Portfolio Creation
- How to get a job making video games, according to recruiters
- How to Successfully Market Your Indie Game on a $0 Budget
- Indie Game Girl: Marketing tips for indie developers
- NO DICKHEADS!: A Guide To Building Happy, Healthy, and Creative Teams.
- PressFriendly launches ‘virtual PR firm’ so startups don’t need to hire an agency
- Presskit() 2.0
- The Respect QA Deserves, or Finding the Right People and Making Them Stay
- Tips on Building Your Portfolio For Game Developers
- 100 things every game design student should know
- Composing Music for Video Games
- Developing UX practices at Epic Games
- Documentation for Indie Studios: Why do you need it?
- Double Fine Adventure! EP01: "A Perfect Storm For Adventure"
- Extra Credits - Making Your First Game: Minimum Viable Product - Scope Small, Start Right
- Extra Credits - So You Want To Be a Game Designer - Career Advice for Making Games
- Finishing a Game
- From Never Doing Game Code or Game Art... To A Full Game In Unreal Engine 4
- Game Design FAQ
- Indie Guide: Game Development
- Should designers trust their instincts - or the data?
- The door problem
- Understanding randomness in terms of mastery